Leek & Mushroom Soup (Vegan)
30~ min cook time.
You will need a blender!
- ½ lb or 225g of your favourite mushroom
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- Sprinkle of dried thyme
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- Juice of one whole lemon
- 2 Kallo Vegetable Stock Cubes (or normal for less taste)
- 0.88lb or 400g chick peas
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Wipe all dirt off the mushrooms with a cloth or kitchen towel. Do not wash by running under water as they soak up water like a sponge. Chop most of the mushrooms into quarters and place in a bowl on the side. Leave the smaller mushrooms intact.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan until it melts and then add the onions, leeks, a pinch of Pink Himalayan salt, and a sprinkle of dried thyme. On a medium heat, cook for 5 minutes until the onions and leeks are transparent and soft. Add the garlic to the pan and stir.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and stir to loosen brown bits the onions have created. Put in the mushrooms and stir. Cook on a medium heat until the mushrooms are soft which should take around 5 minutes.
- Boil around 1 liter of water in a kettle and stir into a jug with the 2 Kallo Stock cubes. Take the chick peas and add to the blender. Then add the stock cube and water mix. Blend it all on a high speed until creamy.
- When the mushrooms are cooked you can remove a few for garnish if you wish. Add the chickpea and stock cube mixture to the pot. Stir well and simmer on a medium-low heat for around 5 minutes.
- Use a ladle to put all the soup into the blender, and set it on a high speed until the mixture is completely smooth. Add more boiled water if necessary. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Use a ladle to put the soup into bowls. If you took mushrooms for garnish use them now. Drizzle olive oil in the middle of the soup bowls.