Recommended Books on Health
Recommended Books on Health and Fitness
Here I will name the books I believe to be of worth reading for those of you who are wanting to progress in the areas of health and fitness. If you would like to buy any of the mentioned books, you can do so by clicking the title or the image and it will take you straight to Amazon.
Dr. Michael Greger examines the fifteen top causes of premature death in America–heart disease, various cancers, diabetes, Parkinson’s, high blood pressure, and more. He explains how nutritional and lifestyle interventions can sometimes trump prescription pills and other pharmaceutical and surgical approaches to help prevent and reverse these diseases, freeing us to live healthier lives.
The simple truth is that most doctors are good at treating acute illnesses but bad at preventing chronic disease. The fifteen leading causes of death claim the lives of 1.6 million Americans annually. This doesn’t have to be the case. By following Dr. Greger’s advice, all of it backed up by strong scientific evidence, you will learn which foods to eat and which lifestyle changes to make to live longer.
The Good Gut is a groundbreaking work that offers a new plan for health that focuses on how to nourish your microbiota, including recipes and a menu plan. The Sonnenburgs show how we can keep our microbiota off the endangered species list and strengthen the community that inhabits our gut and thereby improve our own health. In this important and timely investigation, they look at safe alternatives to antibiotics; dietary and lifestyle choices to encourage microbial health; the management of the aging microbiota; and the nourishment of your own individual microbiome.
In Perfect Health Diet, Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet explain in layman’s terms how anyone can regain health and lose weight by optimizing nutrition, detoxifying the diet, and supporting healthy immune function. They show how toxic, nutrient-poor diets sabotage health, and how on a healthy diet, diseases often spontaneously resolve. Perfect Health Diet makes weight loss effortless with a clear, balanced, and scientifically proven plan to change the way you eat—and feel—forever!
Dr. William Davis will also show you:
• Precisely what you should and should not eat, including a breakdown of the different types of grains and the differences between them
• What to do when facing various post-wheat scenarios, such as intense wheat withdrawal, stalled weight loss, and the loss of too much weight
• Which supplements can boost health to higher levels even after the health gains of grain elimination are experienced
• The science of exactly how your health improves after grains are eliminated, including your mood, sleep, endocrine health, metabolic health, cardiovascular health, physical performance, and much more
• Inspiring testimonials and before/after photographs of those who are proudly living wheat-free
This book by Patricia and Paul C. Bragg explores the miracle health benefits of organic, raw apple cider vinegar.
It is proven that it can be used for a natural detox, as an antibiotic and as an antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria.